Friday, 2 May 2014

Obstacles

I haven't had to face many obstacles quite like the ones that Aminata had to face in her life. One obstacle that was significant in my life was the transition from a public elementary school to Ridley College. Growing up, I was always the quiet kid with no friends, and that's how I remained until I graduated grade 8. When I came to Ridley, I was forced into an environment where you need to be social to survive. Here, you need to have conversations with your classmates, teachers, teammates, coaches.... pretty much everyone you encounter. This was tough because it forced me to go outside my comfort zone. I don't think I ever really dealt with this, but eventually I got used to it and learned how to talk to people. I think it has changed me, so that when I go to university next year, I'll make more friends quicker and I'll be slightly more extroverted.

No comments:

Post a Comment